Contact tournament director Jennifer Hobbs with questions: email@example.com
Welcome to the Registration Page for the 27th Annual Tom Dorsey Winter Classic!
December 21 – 22, 2020
If you have questions, please Email Tournament Director Jennifer Hobbs: Jen@FirstTeeGulfCoast.org
- The Tom Dorsey Winter Classic is a two-day tournament open to junior golfers ages 6-18. There are several divisions to choose from depending upon age and skill level. (See below for division information.)
- On Monday, December 21, Round One will be played at Osceola Municipal Golf Course with tee times beginning at 8-10 am.
- On Tuesday, December 22, Round Two will be played at A.C. Read Golf Course with tee times beginning at 8-10 am.
- An Awards Luncheon will take place after players are finished by division with their final round on day two. The luncheon will take place at Pensacola Goofy Golf (a 9-minute drive from A.C. Read). The address of the Pensacola Goofy Golf is 3924 W. Navy Blvd, Pensacola, and is home to First Tee Gulf Coast. Players will receive a Chick-Fil-A lunch and a round of Goofy Golf. Additional lunches for guests can be pre-purchased on the registration form below.
- All player registration fees include: golf, range balls, door prizes, tee gift, awards and lunch (lunch is on day two only).
- All golfers will walk. Carts are available for spectators to rent.
- ALL REGISTRATION FEES INCREASE ON DEC 16 BY $10
- Contact the tournament director, Jennifer Hobbs, with questions: Jen@FirstTeeGulfCoast.org.
A.C Read Required Information
Please note that A.C. Read Golf Course (located on-board Naval Air Station Pensacola) requires that everyone Age 16 & Up (driving or not) who is planning on going to the tournament for Round Two at A.C. Read 12/22/20 needs to complete and sign a Navy Base Access Form (unless that person holds a military ID). If you need this form for Naval Air Station Pensacola, it can be downloaded below or at Registration Forms – First Tee – Gulf Coast Our office must receive your form by 12/9/20 noon. If we do not receive your form by 12/9 at noon, you will need to get a pass. Free passes can be obtained at the gate. They have options for a 6-month pass or a one-day golf pass (both are free). Please allow around 5 minutes to an hour to obtain a pass. When filling out the form: Our Sponsor is “AC Read Golf Course” and the form must be SIGNED. You can e-mail the form to Jen@FirstTeeGulfCoast.org; or deliver it to our office at 3924 W. Navy Blvd., Pensacola, 32507. Call 850-456-7010 with any questions.
What’s at Stake?
- All* division champions will earn an entry to compete in the A. Downing Gray Cup Tournament at the Pensacola Country Club, Aug 2-3, 2021. *There will NOT be a 9-hole division for ages 14-18 at the A. Downing Gray Cup.
- Florida Junior Tour Exemptions will be awarded to the overall champions in the Open Divisions: Men’s and Ladies’ 15 & Under and 16-18. The FJT is the premier championship series in the Southeast for junior golfers. Conducted by the Florida State Golf Association, FJT events are professionally conducted on many of the state’s finest venues.
- This is a “Junior Golf Scoreboard” Ranked Tournament. All Open Division scores will be reported to JGS if at least 5 players complete at least 36 holes in the Men’s and Ladies’ Divisions.
Select Your Division (Future or Open):
Future Division Description: Ages 6-18, beginning to intermediate level. Ages 6-7 play 6 holes per day. Ages 8-18 play 9 holes per day. This division will play by modified rules using age-appropriate tees. Players are allowed to have one caddy. See Rule sheet below for full details, including yardages.
Open Division Description: Golfer consistently shoots 54 or under on 9 holes from the typical men’s and ladies’ tees. Two age divisions: 16-18 or 15 & Under. This division plays 18 holes per day following USGA rules. Scores are reported to Junior Golf Scoreboard. No caddying or giving of advice is allowed in the Open Division. See Rule sheet below for full details, including yardages.
Tee times will be posted at the top of this page on 12/18/20 by 5 pm. They will also be emailed to the email address provided on the registration form below. Tee times will take place from 8am-10am.
Tom Dorsey (1927-1994)
Tom Dorsey was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War who retired to Northwest Florida in 1964 and later again retired as a Professional Firefighter. He had a great passion for community youth sports and was involved in starting a youth football program in Milton, Florida. Dorsey was an avid golfer who believed that the core values of honesty and integrity were paramount to the game. He was one of the first volunteers to step forward when the Greater Pensacola Junior Golf Association was formed in 1990, ever-present and always involved until his untimely passing in 1994. The GPJGA chose to honor his passion and dedication to Junior Golf by founding the inaugural Tom Dorsey Winter Classic in 1994, and thanks to the Dorsey Family and The First Tee of Northwest Florida, this tournament endures today.
Navy Base Access Form Must Be Received by 12/9/20 by noon. Email to Jen@FirstTeeGulfCoast.org or drop off at our office.